Sunday, 19 May 2013

Je pense que je Turning Japanese

Quilting is such therapy!

Lumiere de Noel is a gorgeous French General range in taupe's, creams, whites and reds, that I fell in love with a few years ago. It's a mix of toile pattern and florals. According to The Warp & The Weft, French General's blogthe large floral print is right off of an old quilt they bought in France in 2009 at the flea market in Toulouse. It certainly has an old world essence to it.

Layer cakes are so easy to use it almost feels like cheating.  I've simply sashed each 10" square with coordinating turkey red and taupe fabric from the same designers.  I'm loving the franco/oriental feel - it's rather like a Japanese screen.

The only tricky part was getting those seams to line up - I finally had to resort to (dreaded) pinning.

I've some other French General red fabric that has a motif on it in dark burgundy that I am bordering it with and then it will be done - once I finish snipping all my threads off the back! Fortunately my slippers make a handy catch all as I sit in front of the fire, snipping away with my little Fiskars, whilst watching the baking channel.

Voila! All this in just a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment